This course has been developed to provide learners with an understanding of how to identify, report and respond to the abuse of older people who are in a care relationship.
This course will provide an understanding of:
- background to and the definitions and prevalence of the abuse of older people in Australia
- types of abuse most commonly experienced by older people
- requirements for the reporting of abuse of an older person in your care
- roles and responsibilities of staff around the abuse of a person in their care
- barriers to staff reporting suspected and actual abuse, and
- actions to take if there is imminent threat to an older person.
The course features:
- Adaptics – Kineo’s ‘smart technology’
- mobile responsive
- professional audio
- animation and interactivity
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility
- assessments, and
- a certificate of completion.
This course is suitable for professionals who provide care to older people in Australia.